As a garden educator and program consultant, I guide children and adults to create edible garden spaces, and to learn how to grow their own food. I encourage participation in the entire process of gardening– from seed to harvest, and cooking to composting. I use all organic gardening techniques– that means no chemicals or synthetic fertilizers are involved in the process. I also incorporate a culinary element, so that we can learn different ways to utilize garden produce and enjoy the fruits of our labor! Click here to learn more about the benefits of gardening.
I offer programs, lessons, and workshops with schools and community centers, as well as individual and family home gardens. The services I offer include:
- Seasonal or year-round organic edible gardening educational programs
- Consulting for creation, design, implementation and maintenance of new or existing garden spaces and raised bed installations
- Garden program materials acquisition and budgeting
- Seed starting setups
- Garden planting, maintenance, and harvesting
- Troubleshooting issues with pests and critters (while maintaining respect for the environment and living beings)
- Assistance with indoor gardening and houseplants
- Food prep, culinary assistance and recommendations for use of harvested produce
- Outdoor composting and vermicomposting recommendations
- Photography of garden spaces
- Minimal aquaponics setups
- Field trips to sustainable urban farms
My intention is to collaborate with you to create a gardening program that works best for you and your needs. Click here to see the partners I work with.